Program Code: 5600
Academic Director Jorge Ibanez
Program Coordinator/Assist Professor Eric Flagg
Program Advisor Eric Flagg
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Multimedia and Video Production Technology will provide students with extensive hands-on-training and knowledge in multimedia, video production, motion graphics, and video editing. The program is designed for students with an Associate in Science in digital video or similar multimedia production from a regionally accredited educational institution. Upper division course work will consist of 33 credit hours addressing topics related to video production, advertising graphics, lighting, and new media production. Graduates from the proposed BAS program will be competitive in the digital video production and multimedia job market due to their extensive hands-on-training and knowledge of the application of modern technology and software.
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Multimedia and Video Production Technology adheres to the state’s common course prerequisites and curriculum framework. Students will be admitted into this program after they have completed an Associate in Science in Digital Video Production or similar Multimedia Technology program.
All Bachelor of Applied Science degree seeking students must complete the same basic requirements as traditional baccalaureate students, including 36 hours of General Education and demonstration of foreign language competence. Students are encouraged to consult with an academic advisor when applying for admission.
Santa Fe College expects all students to acquire or have access to the computer hardware and software necessary for the program.
- Complete an SF application for admission or readmission online at www.sfcollege.edu.
- Arrange for official transcripts from high school to be sent to the Office of Records and Admissions.
- Arrange for official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended to be sent to the Office of Records and Admissions at least one month prior to the start of the term.
Qualifying for Admission
In order to qualify for admission to the Bachelor of Applied Science in Multimedia and Video Production Technology you must:
- Have a 2.5 overall GPA.
- Have earned a minimum of an Associate in Science in a digital video or similar multimedia production from a regionally accredited educational institution.*
- Have completed the College Level Academics Skill Test (CLAST), unless exempt. See testing section below for more information.
* Degrees and course work must meet SF accreditation standards in order to be applied toward program admission criteria.
All students are required to apply for a baccalaureate admissions through a separate and selective process.
Foreign Language Competency and General Education
Individuals who have not completed their foreign language requirement prior to enrolling at SF must complete two semesters of college-level sequential foreign language study before finishing the BAS program. Students may select their General Education classes from any eligible courses within SF’s approved General Education package. The BAS program requires 36 credit hours of General Education in order to meet graduation standards.
|AS degree transferred credits
||60 credit hours
||21 credit hours
||34 credit hours
||5 credit hour
|Total Required for Program
||120 credit hours