2018-2019 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Information Systems Technology, Programming Concentration, BAS
Program Code: 5650
Program Director Jorge Ibanez
Program Advisor Omar Jennings
Faculty Debbie Reid, James Nichols, Elizabeth Drake, Patti Keefe, Mari Jayne Frederick
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology adheres to the state’s common course prerequisites and curriculum framework. Students will be admitted into this program after they have completed an Associate in Science in Networking Systems Technology, Programming and Analysis and Security.
All Bachelor of Applied Science degree seeking students must complete the same basic requirements as traditional baccalaureate students, including 36 hours of General Education and demonstration of foreign language competence. Students are encouraged to consult with the academic advisor when applying for admission.
Santa Fe College expects all students to acquire or have access to the computer hardware and software necessary for the program.
- Complete an SF application for admission or readmission online at www.sfcollege.edu.
- Arrange for official transcripts from high school to be sent to the Office of Records and Admissions.
- Arrange for official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended to be sent to the Office of Records and Admissions at least one month prior to the start of the term.
Qualifying for Admission
In order to qualify for admission to the Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology you must:
- Have a 2.5 overall GPA.
- Have earned a minimum of an Associate in Science in Information Technology
- Have completed the College Level Academics Skill Test (CLAST), unless exempt. See testing section below for more information.
*Degrees and course work must meet SF accreditation standards in order to be applied toward program admission criteria. All students are required to apply for baccalaureate admission through a separate and selective process.
Foreign Language Competency and General Education
Individuals who have not completed their foreign language requirement prior to enrolling at SF must complete two semesters of college-level sequential foreign language study before finishing the BAS program. Students may select their General Education classes from any eligible courses within SF’s approved General Education package. The BAS program requires 36 credit hours of General Education in order to meet graduation standards.
BAS in Information Systems Technology - Overview of Credits Required
|AS degree transferred credits
||60 credit hours
||36 credit hours
|ITE AS Core
||45 credit hours
||21 credit hours
||18 credit hours
|Total Required for Program
||120 credit hours